Record Demand Emanates From Economic Momentum; Urban Core Recovery in Motion
- Apartment absorption jumped to a historic level as job gains unleashed pent-up demand, contracting the vacancy rate despite elevated inventory growth.
- Urban core and upper-tier fundamentals strengthened, which is poised to continue in the second half.
- Competition for assets is building after metrics improved across segments, and barriers to homeownership underpin a strong rental demand outlook.
- The shifting balance between urban and suburban demand
- Performance metrics for different apartment tiers and market types
- Insight into investment trends and buyer preferences
Click Here to View the 2H21 National Multifamily Outlook Report
*Forecast | Sources: Marcus & Millichap Research Services; CoStar Group, Inc.; Real Capital Analytics, Capital Economics; Freddie Mac; Moody’s Analytics;
Mortgage Bankers Association; National Association of Realtors; National Association of Home Builders; BLS; Federal Reserve; RealPage, Inc.; U.S. Census Bureau; Wells Fargo
Follow Jesse Limon CRE on Twitter
Follow MMREIS on Twitter