IS NOW A GOOD TIME TO SELL REAL ESTATE?
Investors are Getting Back In the Game
- As uncertainty abates, investors with large capital reserves are increasingly looking to buy properties
- Tremendous market liquidity and still-low interest rates further fuel aggressive bid activity, boosting prices
- Rising prices are putting downward pressure on cap rates
Interest Rate and Tax Policy Uncertainty Raise Questions
- Higher prices create concerns around inflation and rising interest rates; would tighten yield spreads
- Proposed capital gains tax changes could further offset potential property value gains
Is Now the Best Time to Sell Commercial Real Estate?
- Investors considering the sale of a property in the next few years should explore the opportunities allotted today
- While pricing pressure is strong, rising interest rates and prospective tax changes could eat away at future gains
- Investors can capitalize on the current market to cash out or exchange into a new market or property type
* Through June 09, 2021
Includes apartment, retail, office, and industrial sales $1 million and greater
Sources: Marcus & Millichap Research Services, CoStar Group, Inc., Real Capital Analytics, Federal Reserve
Watch the Video Below: