Dallas Urban Core Posts Strongest Absorption in More Than 20 Years
- Young adult migration stimulates downtown demand. Many firms are expanding their workforce in the Metroplex, luring young adults to accept jobs and relocate.
- Positioning of development bodes well for absorption. Dallas-Fort Worth led all U.S. markets over the past year ended in June with the addition of nearly 27,700 units.
- Deal flow has been consistently strong through the health crisis, as more out-of-state investors set their sights on Dallas-Fort Worth.
- Class A properties traded more frequently during the past four quarters than in the previous year.
- The suburb of Denton has been attracting more private buyers seeking lower-tier complexes.
* Forecast; ** Through 2Q
Sources: CoStar Group, Inc.; Real Capital Analytics; RealPage, Inc.